Grilled Salmon with Blackeyed Peas and home made Coleslaw. At the Olympic Flame Restaurant on Marietta Blvd. Check out our online menu too at Ubereats and Grubhub. Breakfast and Lunch, open til 5pm.
The main ingredients in coleslaw typically include shredded cabbage and carrots, mayonnaise or a similar creamy dressing, vinegar, sugar, and sometimes other seasonings such as salt, pepper, and celery seed.
Some variations may also include additional vegetables such as onions or peppers, or alternative dressings such as vinaigrette or yogurt-based dressings.
Black-eyed peas are a popular food in many cultures and are traditionally eaten on various occasions. Here are some examples:
- New Year’s Day: In the southern United States, it is a tradition to eat black-eyed peas on New Year’s Day for good luck and prosperity in the coming year.
- Kwanzaa: Black-eyed peas are also a traditional food during the week-long Kwanzaa celebrations in African-American culture.
- Weddings: In some African and Caribbean cultures, black-eyed peas are served at weddings as a symbol of good luck, fertility, and prosperity for the newlyweds.
- Religious holidays: Black-eyed peas are also a popular food during religious holidays such as Eid al-Fitr in Muslim culture and Rosh Hashanah in Jewish culture.
- Everyday meals: Black-eyed peas can be enjoyed as a side dish or as a main course in everyday meals, particularly in Southern cuisine in the United States.